Saturday, June 21, 2008

Father's Day

First of all, I gave Joel a new shirt and shorts for Father's Day. I knew he would never pick out the shorts on his own. I really like them though. He was a little hesitant to wear them, but he brought them along to wear after church. As soon as we walked into church to find a seat, there was a man in the back row wearing the exact shorts I had given Joel. We both laughed about it.

After church, we headed down to Columbus to visit with the Michael family. I wanted to do something fun for Father's Day. I had read some suggestions that I never followed through with, such as taking a picture of the kids in their dad's clothes and giving that to him- maybe next year. Going on a surprise trip- well. I decided at the last minute to take Joel to the Zoo on the way home. We have a season pass, so it was free. My plan was not to go to the zoo though. I wanted to let Joel take Claire on her first log ride. I wasn't able to take her the week before since Collin and Chloe were too little to go on it. So... we headed over there around 4:30. I could tell Joel wasn't too excited about my plan at first. I think he had a change of heart after the log ride though.

The Zoo now has a little amusement park called Jack Hannah's Landing, that is inbetween the Zoo and Zoombezi Bay. It is included with your admission (free with a season pass) but you pay per ride. Most rides are $1, but a few are$2. It is actually pretty economical for our family. We didn't even spend $10 and you would normally pay at least $20 per person to go to an amusement park. One of the ride' card swipes wasn't working, so that helped a little :)






The kids loved this ride. It goes up then drops down and kinds of bobs up and down for a while. It is really cute!




I was so glad to have Joel there. Last week when I took the kids to the Zoo, I had to ride the dumbo ride with Chloe since she was too little. I was sick for the rest of the day. I just can't do it anymore. Everytime I would try to look at Chloe to see if she was having fun, the whole world would spin. I would like to go on the log ride sometime though. Next time, it will be my turn! :)


No comments: