Monday, June 2, 2008

Claire's Last Day



Today is Claire's last day of kindergarten. I feel a little sad. I can't believe how much she has changed over the last school year. She has lost 4 teeth this year and is missing her 2 front teeth right now. I think I was in 1st grade when I lost mine. I have my school picture to prove it! She learned, on her own how to ride a bike and she has a pair of Heely's now. She knows how to add and subtract, to read and to write. Wow. She is growing up so fast.


I am glad to have the rush of the last month over. Last week we had dance practice every night and then a performance on Friday and Saturday night. Claire's dance studio did a performance of Noah's Ark. It was very nice. Claire was a butterfly. She did a great job and she looked beautiful. The best part of the performance was when Claire's dance teacher fell off the stage. Sorry- she didn't get hurt, but I can't help but laugh whenever I think about it. She popped right up and said, look what you can do with years of stretching and keeping in shape! Funny stuff.


I am looking forward to this summer. The kids already enjoyed playing on their new slip-n-slide on Saturday. They had never done it before, so it more like they just took turns marching across the slide. So... I got my suit on and demonstrated it for them. What was I thinking!? Man, the moment I hit the slide, instant pain went throughout my whole front side. They still didn't get it, so I did it again. More pain. I guess I am over the hill of slip-n-slides. I am still very sore today. I guess the warning on the mat, that says it is only for kids ages 5-12 knows what it's talking about. Aparently if you weigh more than 110 lbs, you can do serious damage to yourself. Who knew?! :) I just wanted to play with my kids. Luckily Joel wasn't home to see it. I would never live that down.


No comments: