Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Chloe turns 3!





We celebrated Chloe's 3rd birthday on Saturday. She picked Strawberry Shortcake for the theme which is perfect since she has red hair and cute little freckles on her cheeks!


Chloe is such a joyful little girl. When she came downstairs in the morning, Joel had just gotten up. Chloe squealed with delight, "Daddy! It's my birthday now!" Joel didn't answer since he doesn't like to talk when he first gets up, so Chloe repeats this about 3 times until she gets an answer!


We all said happy birthday to her and I told her that we were going to have her birthday party later that day. She replied, "No, we can't, Iris isn't here yet!" Iris is a little girl that Chloe likes to play with. Luckily she came to her party, or we wouldn't have been able to celebrate!


I can't believe it has been 3 years since Chloe was born. Time goes by so fast. She has such a cute little personality. She has been riding bikes with Claire and Collin and playing hard so far this summer. She really plays well by herself and loves to pretend play. She has named her babydoll Brenna, after her new little cousin.




I made a frozen strawberry cake instead of the usually cake for her party. It was a recipe in the Kraft foods magazine. It turned out well. I am not a big cake eater, so any time I can substitute something different, I will! How could you not use strawberries in June for a strawberry shortcake party anyway!
Notice how the ear piece is in her ears? Too cute.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Happy birthday, Chloe! I can't believe she's three either. Time is going by way too quickly.

I love, love, LOVE that first picture of her with the blue flowers behind her. Gorgeous! She's a precious little girl.