Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting Ready For MOPS


I have spent the last few weeks gearing up for the upcoming MOPS year. Our group hosted a table at Saturday in the Park, a family festival at a local park, we walked in the Marion Popcorn Parade, and tomorrow we will be holding a Drive Thru registration for new moms. Saturday we will be having a training for our discussion group leaders. I will be glad to just get into a normal routine. We officially start next Friday, the 19th.



It was very hot at Saturday in the Park, but we made a few contacts. We decorated our strollers and wagons and walked in the parade. I don't know what happened, but we were inbetween to trucks full of high schoolers. I seriously was walking as fast as I could and couldn't keep up. Eventually someone on a golf cart came and told us to step aside. How embarassing. Anyway- we finished the parade walking as fast as we could. I have gotten a few calls from people who saw us in the parade, but next year- we will be riding in a float. No more of this walking stuff. What were we thinking!!



Collin will be starting pre-school at the YMCA on Monday. We will be going over tomorrow to take a tour and maybe swim so he can feel comfortable there. Sunday we will go to meet his teacher one on one and we will arrive early on Monday morning so he is the first one there. I think it will all go well. He is excited for it. I will keep you updated on his progress. My hope is that he makes some friends that he will just be himself with.

1 comment:

The Camerons said...

Collin looks so much like Joel in that picture!