Monday, September 22, 2008

Hiking Day



Yesterday we went hiking at a Nature Preserve near our house. It was pretty nice. There is a trail that is a little over a mile long. We came along this tree that had apparently been knocked down by the wind storm last week. Joel couldn't believe how big the root system was. The kids called it a wall.



Collin had so much fun. He was the leader of our hike. He would often run off ahead of the rest of us. Chloe and I hung toward the back because she kept saying she was scared. I don't know why- she kept saying the woods were scary and every time we heard a woodpecker or something, she would cling to me. Silliness.
I was able to get a lot of cute shots of Chloe though since we were at the back of the pack. Collin also filled his pockets with acorns. It doesn't take much to make him happy. (at least while we were there) I don't think it was what the kids expected when I said we were going to take them to a park. There wasn't a playground- just nature. They enjoyed themselves. It is fun to be able to go on outings and not worry about a stroller anymore! Next stop- DisneyWorld~ I wish! :)

No comments: